Title Insurance and Closing Services Since 1954
WHAT CAN MAKE A TITLE DEFECTIVE?
When you buy a home, it is necessary to know information about other’s rights to the property. But even the most diligent search of public records could fail to disclose a number of title defects. There are many hidden defects which may affect the title to real estate. Some examples are:
- false Representation
- lost Wills and wills not properly probated
- incorrect legal descriptions
- mistakes at Law
- mistakes in Description
- missing or Undisclosed Heirs
- error in recording, indexing or copying
- clerical Mistakes
- illegal Trusts
- defective Acknowledgments
- mental incompetence of previous seller
- false affidavits
Some of these defects are of such a nature that they may not appear in the records. Therefore, they may not be picked up by even the most thorough search.