Title Insurance and Closing Services Since 1954
When we contact you to set a time to sign your deed and other seller documents, you will need to be sure to bring the following with you.
- Your payoff information for all mortgages, including Equity Line of Credits which might not have a balance . We will need your account numbers, lenders phone numbers and your social security numbers.
- Government issued current photo ID (passport, driver's license, or state-issued identification card) for all parties signing.
- Your spouse will also need to come in and sign the deed, even if he/she does not own the property.
- If you or your spouse will not be in the area to sign, please contact us to let us know the status and if we will need to send the deed to you at another location. Or if you will be using a Power of Attorney for any party, please provide the original to our office for review and approval.
- Any contact information regarding any homeowners association.
- If you would like your sale proceeds deposited to your local account, please provide us with a deposit slip with your account number. If you would like your funds wired, we will need your ABA/Routing number and your account number, address of your bank and phone number in case we will need to contact them. You might check with your bank to see if they will charge you to receive the wire.
- Any additional documentation that Wayne County Title Agency, Inc. has asked you to provide.
- Make sure that you have notified the appropriate utilities and confirmed with the buyer or their agent what date will be used for the transfer of the utilities.